A 48-year-old woman from West Sussex, UK, narrowly avoided death after it emerged her 36C breast implants were rotting away and slowly poisoning her.
Annette Stevens has now spent £6,000 on having the faulty implants removed.
It was 13 years before Annette realised her sharp pains, sickness, heart palpitations, breathlessness and hair loss were linked to her breast implants, a type which have since been banned in the UK.
Annette finally saw a surgeon in 2016, who discovered that she was suffering a severe gel bleed meaning the silicone from her implants had entered her blood stream.
And the tissue protecting her implants, known as capsules, were rotting inside her chest.
Silimed implants were banned in the UK in 2015, after contamination was detected during an audit of the company's manufacturing practices.
Source - Daily Mail